At the start of the semester I was extremely nervous about entering my technology class. I have always had an understand of technology, but would never consider myself to be an expert or even proficient in the latest technology. Being the perfectionist I am, I feared that I would struggle to complete tasks and projects because of my lack of knowledge. The last thing I expected was the amount of progress that I have made!
Not only did I learn some great tools for my future classroom, but I also learned so much about technology and resources that I can use in my academic career and personal time. I thought Google was wonderful before, but now, I am amazed by Google. The best part- it's free! There are many words a college student would like to hear more than "free". I have been able to take resources like Google Calendar and Docs and use them in my every day routine.
I learned the most from our PBL project. Before this class, I had only been introduced to the idea of problem based learning. I knew it was something that could be extremely beneficial, but I was never quite sure what all it entailed. I can not wait not to introduce this to my students and watch the light bulbs turn on as they experience problem based learning themselves. I learned so much about PBL and am anxious to implement it in my classroom.
Aside from actual technology and website applications, the most important thing I am taking away from this class is that a teacher never stops being a learner. As educators we must continue to pursue the latest in education and push for what is best for our students. I feel so much more prepared to teach after this class and look forward to putting all of these tools to use!
No comments:
Post a Comment